In our #B10RoundUps, we put together for you a list of 10 must-dos, must-sees, must-reads of a topical subject. This past week, B10 took a trip to NYC to visit some of the many tradeshows, to find for you the best accessories and footwear to go with what is already underway for you by Between Ten for SS16.
For those of you who are Angelenos, we rounded up the best NYC restaurants and sites that we hope you'll find valuable for the next trip you take to the big apple. Here are our 10 (in no particular order).
1. ABC Kitchen - A Jean-Georges restaurant tucked a few blocks from Union Square - the feminine decor, the cuisine, and the atmosphere make us say, "ahhh" a million times over. While it is a few years old, it is still quite impossible to snag a reservation here. Make sure to do it 30 days prior, because even if you wait until 28 days prior, you'll get the 10pm slot.
2. World Trade Center Museum - "No day shall erase you from the memories of the past." The tragic events of 9/11 occurred just 14 years ago, and the city did an excellent job at gracefully bringing to light the effects of these events, and commemorating those who passed in those events. This is a B10 must go.
3. Refinery Rooftop - This half indoor, half outdoor rooftop is really a #DreamScene. Enjoy some champagne on the deck at 5pm on a Saturday, and soak in some amazing city views.
4. Any NYC Pizza Ever - No one does pizza like New York City. While you might be thinking that's old news, we won't apologize for the reminder. Joe's Pizza specifically in the West Village is that type of pizza joint that's packed at 11pm on a Sunday.
5. Ess-A-Bagel - Just like no one does pizza like NYC, no one does bagels like NYC either. While we've found a close comparable bagel shop on Larchmont in LA - Sam's Bagels - our hearts are still tied to the bagel and lox of the east coast.
6. Brooklyn Flea - If you're a fan of flea markets, which you should be, there's really nothing better than flea marketing with the best view of Manhattan. Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn flea offers the best vintage flea finds, as well as good eats for you to sit for a second and enjoy said view.
7. Central Park - No explanation needed, really. Take a picnic here and enjoy the massive land in the middle of the concrete jungle that surrounds it. Just maybe not in the months from December - March.
8. The Vine at the Eventi - #FromWhereWeSit. With an English Breakfast tea in hand, this place is the perfect place to take care of a little work in the middle of the day. Friendly staff, and not to mention a beautiful garden patio covered in succulents.
9. The Strand Bookstore - Because sometimes you need to escape from the city into a world of fiction.
10. Rubirosa - This will forever remain a B10 favorite. The tiniest little Italian gem is worth waiting for. You will feel like you just walked into a bistro in Italy, and then be positively overwhelmed by the flavor profiles of the cuisine. A must!